Travel & Hotel
Nantes is a fast-growing city on the French Atlantic coast. The birthplace of Jules Verne, Nantes has developed a wide range of unusual experiences, combining audacity, imagination and collective spirit. Nantes is easily accessible, it has a multi-modal and eco-friendly public transport network allowing both locals and visitors to travel around the city easily and in comfort.
100 national and international destinations with direct flights:
- 1 hour from Paris and London
- 4 daily return flights to Roissy Charles de Gaulle
- 4 daily return flights to Orly airport
- All European major cities within a 2-hour flight
- Nantes Atlantique airport is a 20-minute shuttle ride from La Cité (every half hour)
- By TGV train, less than 2 hours from Paris Montparnasse. The TGV train station is located in the city centre, opposite La Cité (south exit).
- 21 TGV trains from Paris to Nantes every day
- 3 hours from Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle – 4 TGV trains every day.
- Direct TGV trains to: Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Strasbourg, etc.
From Nantes Atlantique Airport, you can reach La Cité des Congrès venue by taxi or public transportation.
By public transportation, you can buy a ticket in the Arrivals Hall of the airport (1.70 € valid for 1 hour). The journey takes about 35 minutes.
- Take Bus 38 direction Greneraie, change at Greneraie to Busway 4 direction Foch - Cathédrale, stop at Cité des Congrès.
- The "Navette Tan Air" express shuttle bus connects the airport terminal at Nantes Train Station and the city center. This service is part of the Tan public transport network in Nantes but charges a higher fare (9 €) for the whole journey than the standard network fare.
By Taxi, you can state “Cité des Congrès” as your destination. The address is: 5 Rue de Valmy, 44000 Nantes. The drive takes about 20 minutes (34 – 46 €).
- The public transport in Nantes offers traveling around by bus, tramway, and navibus. There are three tram lines (1,2,3) intersecting in the heart of the city. The bus network consists of around sixty classic lines
- Tickets and fares
- One ticket covers traveling by all means mentioned above, except the airport shuttle.
You have the option of:
- 1-hour ticket: 1.70 € (2 € payment on the bus)
- 10 tickets: 15.60 €
- 24 hours ticket: 5.80 €
Passport and visa requirements
Visitors from non-EU countries must possess a passport valid for at least three months after the planned departure from France. Please note that the visa application process can take up to 6 weeks. Therefore, the participants requiring visa should apply immediately to the consular office or embassy of France in their home country in order to avoid any inconvenience.
The Conference Secretariat assists delegates by processing the official invitations upon request. These letters do not commit the Local Organiser to any financial obligation.
Official invitation by Conference Organiser – required information:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of citizenship (country which issued your passport)
- Passport number
- Date of expiry of your passport
Condition for the issuance of the invitation letter by the Conference Organiser is as follows:
Payment of registration fee
The invitation letter will be sent to your email as a PDF file upon providing all the required information. However, should the embassy require an original invitation letter, we can deliver it by two following ways
- free of charge, however, the delivery cannot be guaranteed as there is no way to track the delivery. The organisers shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery.
Express delivery service (FedEx, DHL)
- the fee shall be covered by the participant in advance, together with the congress fee. The express delivery fee is 30 – 60 EUR, depending on country of delivery. The organiser strongly recommends using this option as it is faster and enables the delivery to be tracked (using a tracking number).
The invitation letter should be presented to the embassy of France in your country in order to receive a Visa for the Conference.
We strongly advise you to apply at least two months prior to the Conference.